Deal Icebreakers - Boxing Day Dippers!
Date: 26 December 20 — 26 December 20 | Report this event.
Entrance Price see web site Per person
Deal Icebreakers 1981 are a constitutionised group which has a management committee who organise and runs with it’s committee members who are all volunteers.
The Deal Boxing Day Dip is a community event that has been going since 1981, we have raised over £100,000 for local good causes in that period which is a noble achievement that we intend to keep going on through generations of the original members and new helpers and volunteers and their future generations.
It is also great fun to take part in this traditional dip, we are attracting people of all ages to take a dipt and it serves as a great antidote to those Excesses of Christmas Day.
Displayed below are some of the companies that have sponsored the event for 2017 helping us to give more to the good causes each year.
We are looking for year round sponsorship of the website and for sponsorship, so if you own a company or know one looking for a good cause to give to then contact The Deal Icebreakers!
Time and Place
11AM at the North Side of Deal Pier click here to view a map.
Health and Safety
We want all dippers to say safe:
- Please make sure you listen to any instructions given to you by a Marshall or Organiser
- The stones and steps to the pier may be slippery, please take care going into the sea and coming out
- Please consider wearing footwear to the event as the shingle can be very sharp
- The sea is colder than your body tells you, please do not stay too long in the water
- If you are feeling unwell at any time, please alert a Marshall or organiser as we have fully qualified medical staff on hand to help
- Children 5 years and older can take part in the event but they must be accompanied by an adult
- Adults with children will be taking part in the dip after the main rush of dippers for safety of the children
- Fancy dress is optional, it does make the dip more fun when getting wet, if you are clever you can make such a good costume that you hardly get wet or cold!
- A dip can only mean a dip especially if you are elderly or a clild, your bravery will still be rewarded with a certificate
- Make sure you have someone not taking part with towels and warm clothing for after the Dip
- ANYONE TAKING PART IN THIS FUNDRAISING EVENT DOES SO AT THEIR OWN RISK