DRAGON BOAT RACING AND THE PETERBOROUGH FESTIVAL
Date: 08 June 19 — 08 June 19 | Report this event.
Entrance Price see web site Per person
Dragon boat racing is the fastest growing water activity in Britain today – as well as the most fun! Up to 10 people paddle each 30’ boat with a drummer at the front beating time and our helm at the tail steering a straight course. No previous experience is required, just plenty of team spirit!
The 21st Peterborough Dragon Boat Festival takes place on Saturday 8th June 2019 at Peterborough Rowing Club, Thorpe Meadows, PE3 6LN and more than 40 teams are expected to compete over the 200m race course, watched by several thousand spectators. As well as the exciting races, a wide range of bankside entertainment, food stalls and fun activities guarantee a fabulous day out for all the family!
Standard entry includes:
- Dragon boats, qualified helms and all racing equipment
- At least 3 races per crew
- Music and entertainment
- Souvenir programme
- Trophies for the top three crews, the best-placed mixed crew (minimum 5 ladies), the crew raising the most money for Thorpe Hall Hospice and the ‘best dressed’ crew
- Medals for the top three crews
- Fabulous prize of a day at Orton Hall Hotel including use of Imagine Spa, lunch and CJ’s birds of prey experience for the team raising the most money for Thorpe Hall Hospice
- Peterborough PE3 6LN, UK
- 08 June 19 — 08 June 19
- Family Friendly
- Contact Event Organiser